Tuesday 24 February 2009

EVE-HO!

I've been reading up on alot of the other MMORPG's lately, and the one that's grabbed my attention most is EVE Online.
Yes, it's been in the news alot recently, about political assasination, plots to overthrow major corporations, dirty dealings and scandal. But it's apparently all hapenning in EVE too. ;)

Now I don't believe that I'd be dropped right into that whole mess of things from the word go. It obviously takes months, if not years, of practice to become that involved.
But it did open my eyes to the concept of the game. And that appeals to me.

It seems to mirror life in alot of ways, and I could happily see myself as a rogue mercenary cruising through the universe taking out anyone for the right amount of money.
Or as a 'transporter' who moves 'goods' around without asking too many questions.

I know there's a free trial of the game available, and I'm considering downloading it and giving it a go.

I may report back from the far reaches of space in my next post. (or Not)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So you've taken the time to make a comment?
Get on with it then.