Tuesday 1 September 2009

Doing the Dual-Spec Disco

I splashed out 1000g on dual spec'ing my Paladin yesterday.

He's only level 75, but I was going to spend the money at some point anyway, so why not now. I want to get a little healing practice in before the level-cap anyway.

The Pally will be a Tank for main-spec, and a Healer off-spec. I'm getting to grips with the Tanking business now. But still need some more dungeon runs to make sure I've mastered it.

I'm used to Pally healing, my last Pally was one of the main healers in the Karazahn days. But obviously things have changed a little since then.
I haven't had chance to test my healing skills yet, but the 'beacon of light' spell seems so overpowered to me. Unless things have massively changed, I remember being able to keep a group alive while mainly focusing on the MT. Now that you don't even have to really look at the MT as long as your healing 'someone' that's going to be even easier.

I still expect healing to be the equivalent of playing 'whack-a-mole' rather than watching the main action. But since it's only my off-spec I'm not too worried about that.
I do intend to mostly play as a tank, and I'm not the sort of person who's afraid to say 'no' if I'm invited only as a healer, too often. If I need to increase my gear though, and runs are a bit thin on the ground, I can always heal a run but collect the rewards as a tank.

1 comment:

  1. yeah ok, Beacon of light is a little overpowered since the last patch with the overhealing counting as healing too.
    now it really means that you don't have to cast a single heal on the tank that has beacon on. but just spam every target that needs even a little amount of healing.

    still i think healing can be challanging and demanding :)

    anyway, good luck with getting te tank raid-ready m8

    ReplyDelete

So you've taken the time to make a comment?
Get on with it then.