Tuesday 22 September 2009

Healy Holy vs Tanky Spanky

If you've read my previous post, you'll know that I healed last night.

Not my soul, not my broken-heart, not the rift between me and my long-lost brother who lives in Bora-Bora and is married to the leader of a tribe of Amazonian women. No... none of the these mythical things.
What I healed was real... I healed guildies. And I healed them heroically.

If you've been following this blog, you'll have seen me mention that Tanking is my Main-Spec. I plan to keep it that way. However, I couldn't help but enjoy the feeling of well-being I got from keeping people alive last night.
Maybe it was just nostalgia from the Karazahn days, or the fun feeling I get when I feel like I'm mastering something new. (My macros and new set-up made it alot easier to handle).

I liked it.

My healing gear is very minimalistic. Its nothing more than crappy AH blues, and 1 epic set of legs that dropped randomly (which I haven't even bothered to gem and enchant). But I still managed to heal heroic Violet Hold and Utgarde Keep, with zero wipes, and only the occasional death from an over-aggro'er (which doesn't count because it serves them right).
Actually, I died once myself, but that was due to the stupid Axe from the last boss in UK, that just wouldn't leave me alone. But that doesn't count.

With a decent set of healing gear, I could definitely see myself healing a raid. The mechanics are just the same as I remember, apart from the whole Beacon of Light issue, and Judgements of the Pure, Oh and Sacred Shield, Oh and the Overhealing changes, Oh and not forgetting the shared healing from Holy Light. But apart from all that, it was just like the good old days.

Obviously some things have changed from TBC days. Bu underneath it's still the same point-and-click-and-click-and-click-and-click pattern that it used to be. Tanking will be staying my focus, but it's good to know that I've still got the healing hands. And can dust them off if needed.

I really do need to get an addon for Beacon-of-Light though. The macro helped alot, but it still wasn't up anywhere near 100% of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So you've taken the time to make a comment?
Get on with it then.