Friday 18 December 2009

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Well... finally.... it's snowing.

I'm a big fan of snow, in the 'it looks very christmassy and makes me feel happy' kind of way.
Of course it's also bloody cold, so no doubt it'll generate a lot of aggro at work from all the staff complaining about how cold it is.

It's just occured to me, while typing that last sentence, how much my role at work is very similar to a tank.

I basically stand at the front, grabbing the attention and all the aggro from everyone. So that the other people behind me can do their jobs properly.

Sometimes I let things past me, to be dealt with by the appropriate person, but only if planned.
My healer (my boss) keeps me alive, and in return I try to keep the mobs off them.
The DPS (the contractors) get on with the real job of nuking all the problems in the buildings.

Funnily enough, the analogy continues as my healer seems to have gone shadow-spec recently. And dropped me right in it.

Anyway, back to topic:

I love snow. I love Christmas. I'm probably the least religious person you'll ever meet (there's probably amazonian pygmy man-eaters that have more chance of reaching heaven than me) but I enjoy the 'family' feel of the season.

My ISP doesn't seem to agree with me though. They seem to feel that 'Tis the season to be DC'd'
A few times recently, I've been DC'd mid-game, and unable to get back online for an hour or two. And while my router says everything is fine, I can't reconnect without re-booting it, to get a fresh connection to my ISP.

Bah Humbug.

But I haven't really commented yet on the new raids and instances with 3.3
I think Blizz's early Christmas present to us is one of their best. I love the new HC's. I like the fact that they're a little harder than some of the normal ones.
I like the fact they're an attunement process.
I even like the new LFG system, although I'm still not a fan of PUGs.

So, all in all, two thumbs up from me.

When they release the giant evil-santa mob on December 24th, I'm sure it will be an awesome world event where everyone tries to bring him down before he reaches the capital cities. (Fingers Crossed).

No comments:

Post a Comment

So you've taken the time to make a comment?
Get on with it then.