Wednesday 10 December 2008

On the Level

Last week, I read one of Tobold's Blogs 'Approaching 80' about levelling speed, and found it interesting. But at the time I was a little sceptical about just how much faster it would be the closer you get to 80.

But he's more than right. Particularly since reaching level 77 and being able to fly again.

I've spent more time fiddling around since hitting 77, just investigating places, finding new pets and maxing my Herbalism skills.
But, already, I'm about to Ding 78. And Vedd, who I was teamed up with last night, is in almost the same position and hit 77 later than myself.

According to my Titan XP addon, my levelling speed is now at around 3.5 hours per level. When I'm not messing about. So If I can get a good solid 3-4 hours of play, I can easily level.
Before flight, this was more like 6-8 Hours.

I'm not complaining, but to anyone out there who is currently hanging aroudn the Mid 70's, thinking they've got ages to go before they're leet again. You haven't. Cold Weather Flying is a must, and Epic flight obviously helps, but you'll be flying through the last 3 levels in no time.

2 comments:

  1. Good news! In a few months time I'll see increased leveling speed, can't complain! Just for comparison my leveling speed at 73 is running at around 12 hours a level. Of course I'm pretty casual, and resto spec, and messing around with fishing and jewelcrafting and cooking dailys and exploring the areas and, well there isn't really much time to do quests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bad News! They've decided to nerf Resto-Spec Shamans.
    We all know they're not much use, and all they do is pick flowers and play with jewels anyway.
    So Blizz has decided to drop their level cap to 75. That way, they won't get in the way when the big-boys are playing with the bosses.

    Of course, should they decide to respec to something more useful like a 'DPS' or 'Tank' which there's a big shortfall of since DeathKnights came along, I'm sure the cap would be raised.

    Then again, Hell might freeze over... Oh wait.. It did, they just re-named it IceCrown.

    ReplyDelete

So you've taken the time to make a comment?
Get on with it then.