Monday 9 March 2009

Happy EVEr after?

No, not really.
My trail period of EVE is reachign a close, and to be honest I'm very underwhelmed by the whole experience.

The game felt like I was just going through the motions, trying to achieve something that wasn't really going to make a difference anyway.

Despite all the training, and despite several ship upgrades, and despite seeing marked improvements in my stats. Not just in numbers, but in actual battle situations. I was bored.

Maybe I just couldn't relate to my ship being my character. Especially when I could change it at will, or adapt it to take on any challenge. In PvE encounters, it was ridiculously easy to fight off an attack by upto 20 enemies, in what I expected to be a very difficult encounter.

I did actually manage to lose one of my ships, but since money was also unexpectedly easy to come by, I simply replaced it with an even better one.
Also, the majority of the time, you're not actually face-to-face with whoever / whatever it is you're even fighting. They're nothing more than a reference in one of your control panels. Getting toe to toe with them was a bad idea anyway, and since my attack range and damage output was so high it was a simple case of "Lock-On Target"->"Orbit 5km"->"F1+F2+F3+F4"->"Boom". I never saw them, they never saw me...... Lather, rinse, repeat.
I spent longer looting the ships than I did fighting them.

So my days with EVE are over, and I don't see myself going back there unless the Munquis decide to up and leave Darkspear for the 'New Eden' realm, in which case, It'll suddenly become alot more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So you've taken the time to make a comment?
Get on with it then.