Friday 27 March 2009

Re-Spec Experiment

My experimental re-spec is now over. With less than astounding results:

I took points from Survival Instincts, and Go for the Throat, and re-spent them to get "Aimed Shot".

Now the way it works, is that you can either use Aimed shot or Multi-Shot, but not both.. As they share a CD timer. And the "Increases ranegd damage by 408" is very misleading, in Aimed Shots tooltip. It increases that particular shots dmg by 408. So it basically just becomes White dmg+408 once every 10 seconds. Rubbish.

Multi-Shot can be fired every 10 seconds, but fires 3 arrows, and since my crit rate is about 30%, at least one of them usually crits. When the Crit-Fu is with me, and all 3 crit at once, mobs tend to fall over and die very quickly.

So mid-Naxx I dropped Aimed-Shot, and although I didn't put the points back into their original places. Keeping them in Mortal Shots instead, I saw an instant improvement in my DPS.

Multi-Shot FTW.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So you've taken the time to make a comment?
Get on with it then.