Wednesday 13 May 2009

Free Realms

Having read so much about Free Realms from Tobolds blog, and follwing my dissapointment in City of Heroes, I thought I'd give it a qucik try.


I wasn't really expecting it to be my sort of game, and my expectations weren't the highest. But I was very pleasantly suprised. The graphics are actually pretty good, the basic gameply elemts all seemed to be there, and although I felt it held your hand a little too much I can see myself playing more of it.


Probably the best thing was that I could easily see my 9 year old son loving the game. He always wants to play on Warcraft, but struggles to do so many things at once on the keyboard.

Funnily enough, give him a Joypad or a Wiimote and he'll kick your ass, with fingers flying faster than the eye can see, but he hasn't fully mastered keyboard gaming yet.


If you have any children who you want to introduce into the world of MMORPG's and spend a little family time together online, Free Realms seems a perfect choice. The 3D graphics are very good, the quality is very polished, the interface is intuitive, and the overall feel is excellent. And best of all... it's "Free". (I know there's micro-transactions but they're optional).


Imagine World of Warcraft between levels 1 -20 and that's pretty much what Free Realms is, albeit quite a bit smaller and with less idiots.


If this was a gaming review blog, I'd be awarding it: 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

So you've taken the time to make a comment?
Get on with it then.