Wednesday 6 May 2009

Online Mafia Games

I've always been a fan of Mafia / Mobster type games. Gangsters 2, Mafia, Godfather, GTA, Saints Row etc.. etc..

Obviously it would have quite a heavy PvP element to it, but that's all part of the appeal. Guilds / Families would be more important than ever, as there's no way you could take on the other families alone. And a headquarters is an essential part of the play (once your family reaches a certain size and level of influence).

I think what's set this off is my playing of Saints Row 2. Which allows you to go multiplayer throughout the entire storyline, rather than just for a bit of shooty-shooty distraction. An excellent idea, and one that should be implemented in more games.
(I know GoW, R6 etc.. also have similar options, but they're not as open-ended as Saints Row).

I've been having a google around to see if there's any online ones out there. Probably for the PC, rather than the XBox. I could see a mafia-style MMORPG doing quite well. I'd certainly play it... only problem is, I can't find one.

I've played Gangsters 2 online, which was alot of fun. Essentially it's not really any different to playing some of the command & conquer games, only with less units, no tanks, and even more strategy required. The graphics in that game weren't the best, but they were more than enough to make you feel immersed in the atmosphere of the game.

The only games I can find out there are text-based / browser-based games. And as much as they might be good fun for a while, I was looking for something a bit more immersive. It doesn't have to be beautiful, my laptop might melt if I push it anymore, but 2D / 3D would be good.

Anyone know of anything that fits the bill?

No comments:

Post a Comment

So you've taken the time to make a comment?
Get on with it then.