Tuesday 6 October 2009

Healing Hands

I ran a few heroics last night. And managed to pick myself up a new set of tanking Bracers a new emblem belt, and a few offspec upgrades. I just need to replace my shoulders now and I'll be fully epic, and a new chestpiece would be nice, since I'm currently using one with +Frost Resistance, and Gemming it up to the eyeballs to add +Def.
So my HP now hovers around 33k SelfBuffed, which would mean 30k Unbuffed (since the BoS is +10%).
And I'm at the defense cap. And I don't struggle with my threat generation as much anymore.

I spent most of the night healing. Since that was what we seemed to be short of at the time. But it was a raid night, so it's sort of understandable.

My healing gear is all a bit mix and match, with some cloth, mail and leather pieces. But at the end of the day, I'm a healer.. I shouldn't be getting hit. But It's almost a full epic set now too.

Speed was the key last night, trying to fit things in with guildies before and after Ulduar (although I wasn't raiding myself). In Culling of Stratholme we cleared the extra boss with about 9 minutes to spare, and I was even having a go at DPS'ing while healing, since the damage was so light
.
In Utgarde Keep, the entire place was cleared within about 10 minutes. We litterally chain pulled the entire place, bosses included. No breaks, no downtime, no deaths, no problem. There really should have been an achievement for that. 3 Emblems in 10 minutes makes it the most worthwhile instance in the game.
Vind was tanking though, and he knows his stuff, it might have been harder with a less experienced tank. But we still managed to boost my brothers DK during the run, and he's never set foot in anything but ToC.

In all of my healing encounters last night, my mana rarely dropped below 70%. Even on the bosses. And no one even came particularly close to dying.
I can't take all the credit for this, the gear and abilities of the teams I was with obviously made up for alot.
But now I've mastered the whole 'Beacon of Light' and 'Sacred Shield' thing, it feels alot easier.

My 2 attempts at tanking last night were AN and AK, An went nice and quick. but AK was a little bit of a mess at one point. A bad placement from myself pulled an extra group of mobs and we wiped. Flow managed to ressurect himself and then me, and Bronze, but our position left us in the path of the 1 remaining mob, who promptly spanked us back to death. So we missed out on the 22g Bonus. Shame.

But apart from that cock-up all seems to be going well with the tanking. And the healing is working out nicely as an offspec.

Strange though, in the CoS run, we had 4 potential tanks in the group to choose from, but only 1 healer. The Munquis used to lack good raid tanks, now they seem to be coming out of our ears. But healers are now a little thin on the ground. Luckily it doesn't affect me at this point, since as long as there's one or the other online, I can fill the alternative spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So you've taken the time to make a comment?
Get on with it then.