Monday 5 October 2009

Market Niches

Now I know that not everyone plays WoW for the same reasons. Or enjoys the same kind of things.
But persoanlly I like to keep an eye on the AH market. To try and make a few extra gold whenever I see an opportunity.

I don't consider myself an expert on the matter. If you're looking for expertise I'd visit Gevlons site (http://www.greedygoblin.blogspot.com/). But I occasionally come across area where alot of money could be made, from simple recipes that people don't usually seem interested in.

I have 2 examples at the moment:

The first is Titanium Plating. This recipe is sold for only 15g from a vendor. Yet no one seems to have it. The mats are 4x Titanium Bars and 4x Eternal Shadows. And it is generally considered one of the best shield enchants possible at end game. Particularly for Tanks who are already at the Def cap. The extar Block is great, and adds DPS and threat from shield slams, and then throw in the -50% Disarm and it sort of speaks for itself. Some people prefer the +18 Stam enchant, but is +180 HP really that useful?
Anyway, to get back to the point, this item can be crafted by Blacksmiths for only a handful of gold, but the average price I've seen them on the AH for is between 120g-240g each. I've yet to buy one, because I missed my opportunity, and the next time I saw one it was going for over 300g.

The second is Enchant Weapon - Potency. This is a Burning Crusade drop, that can be found anywhere within Outland or in any BC instance (including Karazahn). Apparently it's got a pretty low drop rate, but the scroll isn't BoP so can be traded.
Again, this is probably the single best enchant for a Prot Pally, as the +Strength brings more benefits through talents than any other enchant. (I hate to use the 'single-best' line, but from what I can see, it's true).
And yet you very rarely see it.
Finding the scroll to learn it might be a bugger, but once you know it, you'd have the market cornered for quite a while, and could easily sell a cheap enchant for large amounts of gold on the AH. I have never managed to find anyone on Darkspear who can make this. Never seen it on the AH, and no one in trade knows what I'm talking about. There's big money to be made.

1 comment:

  1. think i can make the potency enchant on my priest....i'll try and remember to check later!

    grace

    ReplyDelete

So you've taken the time to make a comment?
Get on with it then.