Thursday 30 October 2008

The Blog Begins

"Hi" to anyone who decides to read this.
To be honest, I'm starting to wonder why I didn't start a blog sooner.
I'd consider myself to be extremely computer literate, and have been using forums, chatrooms, myspace, facebook, blah blah blah etc etc etc... since back in the day. But anyway, that's not the point, the point is now I AM blogging, what's it all about?

Well, for a while now I've been reading a blog by another Warcraft guildy of mine and started to think that maybe I should do something similar. So here's my blog, it'll be mainly based around my adventures and experiences in World of Warcraft, although I make no promises that I'll keep my rants just about that.
If you've no idea what Warcraft is (maybe you live under a rock?), or you know exactly what that is, but can't stand it - Click the little 'X' in the top right hand corner of your screen now.

So let's set the scene:

I'm a 28 year old guy who lives in the NorthWest of England, I have a decent job, a long-time girlfriend, a son, a house, a car and all the other things that the world expects of you. But for some reason I chooses to spend quite a few hours each week playing an MMORPG... Hey 11 Million people can't be wrong, even if 9.9 Million of them are Chinese and another 1 Million of them are gold sellers.

I've always been a gamer, and have played pretty much every type of game at some point or other. Loving RPG's in general I eventually moved onto Guild Wars, which filled my time for several months, but inevitably I moved on to bigge rand better things - World of Warcraft (WoW).

I've been playing WoW for quite a few years now, and luckily for me, only a few weeks into playing the game I met a couple of great guys, even if they were Danish, who helped me out, and invited me to join their guild the 'Munqui Tribe'. The guild grew, and became quite well known on the Nordrassil(EU) realm, with it's main ethos being 'Fun First'.
So a big thanks to Brastfield and Cyrick (Now known as Vindikator) for starting off my addiction.

The rest is history. I stopped playing for a while, when I moved house and had no internet, and when I returned, to my horror, I found that the Tribe had gone!
There was no trace of any of the members, and I went guild hopping trying to find another one that lived up to the quality of the Tribe. There wasn't one.

Sitting at work one day, bored. I decided to google "Munqui Tribe" just out of curiosity, it paid off http://www.munquitribe.dk/ was too much of a coincidence. Click the link and it tells me how there was a mass exodus from Nordrassil to Darkspear and pretty much all the core guild members had transferred. Later that night, I log on, switch my realm to DarkSpear and do a quick 'Who?' on the word "Munqui"... Bingo!
Guess who's online, a guy named "BrastFelt" a whisper later, and several comments along the lines of "OMFG!"and I'm back in the guild, abandoning my Nordy toons forever, and starting again from scratch. The Tribe is worth it.

Anyway, that's enough about that, like I said, it's history, what's important is the future. And the future is Lich-Shaped.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So you've taken the time to make a comment?
Get on with it then.