Thursday 30 October 2008

Pre-Lich Playing

With the Wrath of the Lich King due out soon, for the last few weeks I've been wondering what to do with my time in-game.
I don't want to waste it, but I'm not interested in collecting Epic's that will be worthless soon either.

The Munquis are a non-hardcore guild, but we do plenty of raids so there's plenty of choice for me when I'm online, but my game-time is a bit hit and miss at the moment, so I decided to do a couple of things:

1 - Level my Hunter to 70, and learn to play it properly. (Making it only my 2nd lvl 70)
2 - Save money and buy myself an Epic Flyer (For the first time ever)
3 - Maybe level my gathering skills

Well I've reached lvl 70 with Smythy and I'd say I'm pretty good at playing the character, I'm a PvE player by the way. As an indicator, the day after I dinged 70 I was invited to Zul'Aman, despite having entirely lvl 65ish green gear. I was 3rd in the damage meters, behind only Vind and Bolle (who are both extremely good players, and seriously epic'd), my DPS averaging 1k per second. Pleased with my performance, things only got better when the final boss dropped an Epic Bow for me. Kachiing! (Easiest 5 minutes work I've ever done).

So I'll count number 1 as completed, onto number 2.

This is taking ages, I'm currently upto 2.7k Gold but with limited play time, I'm restricted to the SSO dailies and whatever I can make from the AH. It's looking doubtful that I'll be flying anything faster until WotLK.
So number 2 is ongoing, and number 3 is at a standstill, my Leatherworking maxed itself out on the way to 70, but my herbalism is currently stuck at 203. Oh well, as Meatloaf should have said "1 out of 3 aint bad".

No comments:

Post a Comment

So you've taken the time to make a comment?
Get on with it then.