Thursday 30 October 2008

To buy or not to buy?

Be.Imba lists my hunter as a nooby green geared wannabe, who should stick to struggling at heroics.
But (post-patch at least) he's more than capable of holding his own in T4 raids, and has made one T5 attempt.
Since then I've picked up a couple of the welfare epics from the Argent Dawn event, but only as a side effect. Grouped with some other Munquis I picked up 3 epics, a new tabard, a couple of trinkets and alot of fun, all within about an hour.
We also carried on to do the HeadlessHorseman, who dropped me a usable epic ring too [Ring of Ghoulish Delight]. Stingy git wouldn't give up his horse though.

Last night, after getting bored with just grinding money for my epic flyer (am I really going to need it, since you can't fly in Northrend until later levels anyway?) I decided to check out what my rep rewards could buy me.
I spotted a pair of nice blue [Bombadier's Dagger] from the SSO vendor to replace my 'Green' [Legend's Glaive of the Bandit], 80g later and I check my stats to find that they're worse in every way apart from a, just under, 1% increased crit chance. No thanks.
Sold them back to the vendor for 9g each... Ouch! and went back to my good-old green.

Be.Imba can tell me that my gear sucks, for all I care. I'm not planning on jumping ship to a raiding guild, and my freinds and Guildies know they can rely on me to deliver the DPS needed.
If I'm doing something for the fun of it, I might pick up the odd epic, but I'm happy with what I've got, although it does make me wonder just how much DPS I could squeeze out of him if he was epic'd.

Maybe I'll just try and pick up the pants to go with my Argent Dawn set. And maybe a new helm.... and a set of gloves... Hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So you've taken the time to make a comment?
Get on with it then.