Friday 31 October 2008

Isn't a 'Restart' where you turn something off and back on again?

As those of you with late night gaming tendancies will know, I spend more time online lat eat night than I do during normal hours.
This usually serves me pretty well, as it's easier to grind the dailies with fewer people claim jumping the mobs.

You'd think that 11pm on a Thursday night (GMT), would be a pretty safe time to assume the servers would be up. But no sooner had I logged on, than I start seeing the system warnings about a "Restart in 5 mins".
'No problem', I thought. Let Blizz pull the plug for a few minutes, maybe even 15-20 mins reboot their servers, and I can get back into action and earn some gold.
Well... It's now 1:10am (GMT) and the servers still wont let me back in, even though they're showing as active. So that's another nights work on my epic mount wasted.

On the plus side, I took the time to do a slight re-design of the blog layout, and figured out how to use the WoWHead pop-ups for item links (which is almost laughably simple - Example), so the time wasn't completely wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So you've taken the time to make a comment?
Get on with it then.